Division of Regional Management was established after the restructured of MADA organization which comes into force on March 16, 2007. The function of this division is to coordinate all the management and administrative affairs for 4 MADA regions and 27 localities (Agriculture Complex). This division is also responsible in coordinating, supervising and observing the implementation of development projects regarding paddy plantation industry such as infrastructure development, basic facility, non-paddy project and agro-based industry as well as farmer’s institution development.
In other, the Division acts as the implementing any program that has been coordinated and targeted by each division at headquarters in achieving the vision and mission of MADA.
Become the executants agent of paddy industrial development as well as the pioneer to farmer’s socio-economic development at regional level.
- Implement the transformation program of paddy industry to modern level, efficient, strong and competitive in the regional level.
- Conduct water management system efficiently and proactive and instill the perfect water management value to farmers and officers.
- Maximize the income of farmers through the use of appropriate technology, appropriate agricultural practices and through various other sources.
- Develop farmer’s institution as a competitive entity.
- Increase the average yield throughout the Muda to 7.0 metric tons per hectare
- Adding a new area Paddy Estate NKEA project of 5,000 hectares per year.
- Increase average paddy yield in Paddy Estate Project NKEA to 7.1 metric tons per hectare.
- Increasing paddy irrigation simultaneously in each block through compliance campaign schedule that has been set for paddy.
- Manage water irrigation and drainage more effective with the establishment of Water Users Group (KPA) in each block irrigation stages.
- Increase farm family incomes through a variety of economic activities instead of paddy and agro-based industry.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF DIVISION
- Manage, supervise and carry out agricultural extension services and irrigation in the locality to ensure paddy twice a year.
- Controlling irrigation and drainage system for the successful cultivation of paddy twice a year.
- Implement all operations and maintenance of irrigation and drainage infrastructure.
- Implement programs to modernize farming systems and the higher yield.
- Implement various economic activities to increase farmers’ income and business development.
- Develop and promote farmers’ institutions.
- To promote economic and social farming community.
- Managing and developing human resources.
- Manage general administration and finance areas.
- Ensure adequate supply of water and fair distribution of paddy cultivation schedule.
- Ensure the emergency problems regarding irrigation/drainage action is taken immediately.
- Ensure every request/appeal/comment will be investigated and responded within 14 working days.
- Ensure all the irrigation/drainage infrastructure is functioning and perfect.
- Establish farmer’s association that cultivate paddy for commercial.
- Ensure the farmers are getting the agriculture input supply at necessary time.
- Ensure the agro-based entrepreneur gets the appropriate guidance with the latest technology.
- Ensure the agriculture transformation program is effective to the targeted group.
HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT :-
COURSE CONTROL AND FORECASTING (P & R) PADDY CROP PEST TRAINING COMPLEX IN ALOR SERDANG MADA FOR FRONT LINE EMPLOYEES