- Handicraft Project in Muda Area was first developed in 2007 under thepaddy andrice based cross-borderprojectsallotment. The Economic Planning Unit (EPU) of the Prime Ministry Department distributed the allotment from 2007 to 2010 with the aim of developing a Collector and Handicraft Selling Centre and implementing the activities in the Muda Area.
- The centre was launched on 27 September 2012.
- There are 2 main components of the complex that houses the centre that are already developed :
a) The main building that functions as a products selling centre for handicrafts and Agro-Based Industry product.
b) 5 workshop units for producing handicrafts and Agro-Based Industry Products.
HANDICRAFTS PRODUCT SELLING CENTRE
- This centre acts as a products selling centre for handicrafts produced by the entrepreneurs from the Muda Area and especially from Kedah
- It also functions to give guidance about the handicraft creation.
- It provides exposure to the public about the entrepreneur and government allocations and funds in the handicraft industry.
- It acts as a business matching centre for handicraft products.
AGRO-BASED INDUSTRY PRODUCT SELLING CENTRE
- Acts as an Agro-Based products selling centre with the concept of a “Farmer Mart”.
- Give exposures to the public about the business opportunity in Agro-Based Industry.
- Acts as a product business matching centre for agro-based industry entrepreneurs.
5 CRAFT AND PROCESSING PRODUCTS IN THE AGRO-BASED INDUSTRY WORKSHOP UNIT :
a) BRIDAL AND BRIDAL BOUTIQUE WORKSHOP
b) STRAW HANDICRAFTS WORKSHOP
c) BEPANG BEANS WORKSHOP
d) DRESS MAKING AND MENGKUNG HANDICRAFT WORKSHOP
e) BAKERY AND FLAVORIES WORKSHOP
ACITIVITIES OFFERED AT THE MADA HANDICRAFT & AGRO-BASED INDUSTRY CENTRE
a) MADA KITCHEN CHEF
b) HAMPER WRAPPING
c) SOUVENIERS MAKING
d) HANDICRAFT DEMONSTRATION PROGRAMME
e) YASIN RECITAL AND SPORTS DAY EVENT
f) CARNIVAL PROGRAMME
- Hopefully the Handicraft and Agro-Based Industry Product Selling Centre will be able to give influence to both the locals and tourists; and become a business centre for agricultural products in Kedah.
- This product centre strives to become a marketing medium in presenting quality product
i. For more information, visit our Facebook:
Pusat Kraftangan dan IAT MADA
ii. Office phone number : 04-7590475
iii. Office fax number. : 04-7303937